PDF: Portable Document Format
The Full Form of PDF is Portable Document Format
PDF stands for Portable Document Format. PDF is a document format used in computer developed in 1990 by Adobe company. The PDF file may contain text, images, tables, and other elements. Based on the PostScript language, each PDF file can store a complete description of a fixed-layout flat document, including the text, numbers, fonts, raster images, vector graphics, and other information needed to display it. PDF was standardized internationally as an open format, ISO 32000, in 2008, and no longer requires any royalties for its execution and implementations.
PDF Full Form = Portable Document Format
PDF (Portable Document Format) is a file format that has captured all the elements of a printed document as an electronic image that you can view, navigate, print, or forward to someone else. PDF files are created using Adobe Acrobat, Acrobat Capture, or similar products.
Advantages of PDF
- Enhance Portability: PDF facilitates the mobility and portability of any electronic document. The PDF file is readable anywhere just by using free tools like Adobe acrobat reader.
- Preserves all Visual Elements: If any visual effect is created in the document that can be converted into PDF document. So, all the texts, images and other elements that are created in the original source document (for example MS Word, MS Excel) can be converted easily.
- Highly Secured: PDF document provides easy and secure access for sharing the documents through emails, web pages, and other Internet media. One can also customize the level of user access accordingly.
- Supports Interactive Features: PDF document can also integrate interactive forms feature that can be executable for importing and exporting of data and records as requested.
- File Compression: Users can compress the PDF files with no loss in content and quality. It enhances data sharing speed.
How to Convert a File into PDF Format?
Along with the full form of PDF, let’s know something about the PDF file conversion methods. When it’s time to share important Microsoft Office documents, you can convert them to PDFs within Word, Excel, Outlook, or PowerPoint using the inbuilt feature of Acrobat ribbon. You can save and share high-quality PDF files that are easy to protect content and look fine on any screen.
How to convert a Word, Excel, or PowerPoint file to a PDF in Microsoft Office?
You can create and work with the PDF format using desktop, laptop, notebook or Mac. Also, you can convert Microsoft Office files like Word Documents, Excel Spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations into PDF format using your mobile device or by using PDF converter online services. Plus, you can access recently viewed files from anywhere.
If you want to convert a file format into PDF using MS Office application, then follow the instructions step-by-step:
- Open a document in an Office application like MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Click on File=> Save as =>
- Select the destination folder/location
- Click on Save as type drop-down list
- Select PDF (*.pdf) format
- Click on Save
Now, you are done. You have successfully created a normal file format into PDF.
How to Convert a File into PDF Online for Free?
You can convert any file format into PDF using free online PDF converter tools. There are multiple tools available to convert multiple types of file formats into PDF. You can use a PDF Converter tool to convert JPEG files or documents into PDF format and PDF documents to the desired file format.
Convert to PDF [Click Here]
- JPG to PDF Converter
- Word to PDF Converter
- Excel to PDF Converter
- PowerPoint to PDF Converter
Convert from PDF [Click Here]
- PDF to Word Converter
- PDF to Excel Converter
- PDF to Powerpoint Converter
- PDF to PNG Converter
- PDF to JPG Converter
Merge and Split PDFs [Click Here]
- Merge PDF
- Split PDF
I hope this article is helpful for those who are seeking the full form of PDF and what is the meaning of PDF. We have provided detailed information about the PDF conversion tool online.