The Full Form of DSLR is Digital Single-Lens Reflex camera
Along with the full form of DSLR camera, we will try to provide the basic information about the DSLR camera. A DSLR camera is a type of digital camera that integrates the optics and the technology of a single-lens reflex (SLR) camera with a digital sensor for image capturing. The reflex design scheme and the digital sensor is the fundamental difference between a DSLR camera and other SLR and digital cameras. So, the price of DSLR camera is very high as compared to other normal cameras.
As you know, DSLR stands for Digital Single Lens Reflex, the means by which digital cameras take images from light. This means that DSLR cameras and all other digital cameras. The image sensor lies in the camera captures light and created a data file for the image formation. However, many DSLR cameras these days have advanced features that mimic the different effects professional photographers used in the age of film. One such feature is the ISO speed which directly correlates with similar effects based on film speed numbers.
In simple words, it is a kind of digital camera that uses a mirror to reflect the light from the camera lens to viewfinder. The viewfinder is a hole that sets on the back of the camera and used to preview the image before capturing. DSLR camera comes with interchangeable lenses. It provides the facility to swap lenses to get different views of a scene.
The key components of a DSLR camera are:
- Reflex mirror
- Image sensor
- Matte focusing screen
- Condenser Lens
How a DSLR Camera Works? [Beside Full Form of DSLR]
- Light enters into the camera through the optical lens and strikes the reflex mirror
- The reflex mirror reflects the light vertically upward to the focusing screen
- Light passes through a focusing screen and enters the pentaprism which is a block of glass
- Pentaprism redirects the light through two separate mirrors then diverts it towards the viewfinder
- The viewfinder gives you the live preview of the image
- Now, when you press the button to capture a photo the reflex mirror flips upward and blocks the vertical path of light to maintain it straight towards image sensor
- The shutter opens up and the light reaches the image sensor
What is the Advantages of DSLR Camera?
Some of the key advantages of DSLR camera over the common digital camera are listed as below:
- Speed shutter
- Picture Quality
- Interchangeable lenses
- Optical Viewfinder
- Large ISO range
- Easy editing
- Low noise
- Faster focusing
- High quality in low light
- Ability to use filters
- Dust removal system
- Size is large and weight is heavy
- Strenuous in accomplishing simple tasks
- Hard to carry during photo shoot
- Complicated in settings
- Cost is higher
I hope you have enjoyed this article about what is the full form of DSLR camera? It has always been my target to provide full information along with the DSLR Full Form. Thank you and keep visiting.