ISO: International Standardization Organization
The Full Form of ISO is International Standard Organization
The term ISO stands for International Organization for Standardization. It was founded on 23 February 1947 and the organization protects and promotes worldwide proprietary, industrial and commercial standards for goods and products. The headquarter of ISO is located in Geneva, Switzerland.
ISO is an independent, non-governmental, non-profitable, worldwide collaboration of national standards organs that can develop and publishes universal standards. ISO registration provides a standard for different goods, products, and services that meet the quality criteria and are accepted worldwide. It provides an assurance that the products and services are secured, safe, reliable and of good quality.
ISO is considered as the world’s biggest developer and regulator of voluntary international standards. Its official languages are English, French, and Russian and it makes the collaboration among its 165 member countries around the globe as its national-level standard authorities. For more details : [wiki]
- BBC Full Form | What is the Full Form of BBC News in English?
- BRI Full Form | What is the Full Form of BRI China?
- NARC Full Form | What is the Full Form of NARC Nepal?
- ISO Full Form | What is the Full Form of ISO?
- FIFA Full Form | What is the Full Form of FIFA?
- UNHCR Full Form | What is the Full Form of UNHCR?
What is an ISO Certified Company?
ISO certification for a company ensures that the company runs its business using international standards for goods, products, services, and processes. These can include business strategies, environmental protocols, or they can be standards that were conceptually developed by the ISO itself for specific business sectors.
What are the Major ISO Certification Codes for Quality Assurance?
The list provided below is list of popular standards of ISO certification.
- ISO 9000: It is used for the standardization of quality management of products.
- ISO 10012: It is used to measure the management system.
- ISO 14000: It is used for the standardization of environmental management.
- ISO 19011: It provides a guideline to the audit management system.
- ISO 2768-1: It is used to provide a standard for general tolerance.
- ISO 31000: It is a standard for risk management.
- ISO 50001: It is a standard for energy management.
- ISO 4217: It is used for the standardization of currency codes.
What are the Advantages of ISO Certification?
Following are the advantages of ISO certification as a company can reassure their customers that their business follows the highest quality standards of products and services:
- All the processes opt by you are evaluated, standardized and explained to personnel.
- It becomes easier to train new employees.
- Problems can be detected more quickly and solutions are improved.
- Customer satisfaction is improved
- Good understanding of customer needs.
- Company perception of your company is better
- Suppliers become more than a partners
- Communication is improved
- Employees get to know better knowledge of your company
- Employees participation is improved.
We can conclude that the full form of ISO is International Standardization. The certification of ISO provides a standard for variety of products and services that are accepted globally and provide an assurance of safety, reliability and of good quality of that products and services.
I hope this article about the full form of ISO helps you to understand the meaning, basic functions and types of ISO certificate for products and services.