The Full Form of LPG is Liquefied Petroleum Gas. If you are seeking LPG Full Form, then you landed here in the right place where you can get the meaning of LPG gas in English and its basic information as well. If you want more information and meaning about the LPG visit Wiki.
LPG Gas Full Form = Liquefied Petroleum Gas
LPG stands for Liquefied Petroleum Gas. LPG is a generic name that also refers to a group of highly flammable hydrocarbon gasses. These gases include propane, butane, isobutane, etc and are liquefied by pressurization and commonly used as household and industrial fuel.
LPG Gases used as fuel in cooking foods, heating equipment, and vehicles. LPG gas is colorless, odorless, and heavier than normal air. It is a clean-burning gas that is generally sold in liquid form in different sizes of cylinders. So, this makes easier to store, move, and transport the energy source.
Full Form You May Also Like
- LPG Full Form | What is the Full Form of LPG Gas
- FYI Full Form | What is the Full Form of FYI in Email?
- ASAP Full Form | What is the Full Form of ASAP?
- MRF Full Form | What is the Full Form of MRF?
- TBH Full Form | What is the Full Form of TBH in Instagram?
Properties of LPG [Full form of LPG in English]
Major properties of LPG gas include:
- LPG is basically propane and butane. Both gases have an adiabatic flame temperature of about 1970°C, when burned in air.
- LPG (propane) gas boiling point temperature: -42 °C or -44 °F
- LPG (propane) gas melting/freezing temperature: -188 °C or -306.4 °F
- Heavier than Air LPG density (Propane Density) – LPG specific gravity (Propane specific gravity)
- LPG composition – components – constituents: Propane, Butane & Isobutane
- LPG chemical formula – molecular formula: C3H8 or C4H10
- LPG gas flame temperature: 1967 ºC or 3573 ºF
- LPG-Propane ignition temperature (in the air): 470°C – 550°C (878°F – 1020°F)
- LPG-Propane auto-ignition temperature: 470 °C or 878 °F
- LPG flashpoint: -104°C or -156°F
- LPG vapour pressure: 637 kPa @ 27°C (128 PSIG @ 80°F)
- LPG odor: Ethyl Mercaptan added
- LPG appearance: clear
- LPG energy content: 25 MJ/L or 91,547 BTU/Gal (60°F)
- Gaseous expansion of LPG: 1 L (liquid) = 0.27 M3 (gas)
- Combustion formula for LPG: C3H8 + 5 O2 → 3 CO2 + 4 H2O + Heat (complete combustion)
- LPG limits of flammability: 2.15% to 9.6% LPG/air
- LPG properties nomenclature
- Molecular weight of LPG components: Propane is 44.097 kg/kmole – Butane (n-butane) is 58.12 kg/kmole
Benefits of LPG
If you have known the full form of LPG, lets go through the Benefits of LPG gas in different sectors. LPG has multiple uses in domestic and industrial functions. Some of its main uses are mentioned below;
- Cooking: LPG gas is very popular in domestic use as cooking purposes. It is an ideal energy source for cooking as it burns completely and does not produce any residue and smoke.
- Heating: LPG heaters produce radiant heat and convection heat that is used in homes during winter seasons to maintain the room temperature.
- Hot Water: LPG-operated gas geysers use LPG to produce hot water in winters for bathing, washing, etc.
- Motor fuel: LPG is also used as an engine fuel in vehicles like cars and buses. LPG is more economic and environment-friendly as it burns completely without producing smoke and leaving the residue.
- Electricity: LPG is also used to produce electricity by providing power to a dynamo.
- Conversion to gasoline: Because of LPG’s exceptional anti-knock properties and gives a clean-burning feature it is convertible to alkylate which is a premium gasoline blending stock.
- Refrigeration: LPG is used as off-the-grid refrigeration, generally by means of a gas absorption refrigerator.
I hope, this article helps you to find the full form of LPG and furthermore provides the basic information of LPG gas. Thank you for visiting.